Harman pb105 5-Blink Error-Help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with bridging (jamming up in the hopper) pellets has been when the pellets are too long. I believe they should not be longer than 1.5 inches according to the Pellet Fuels Institute.

A while back I bought pellets that were made by a new plant and a lot of their pellets were too long (over 1.5 inches). I had overnight shutdowns 1 or 2 times a week. It was aggravating but I didn't want to haul them back to the dealer so just put up with them. Tried all of the pellet hopper tricks and other things and nothing seemed to help. The pellet plant fixed their process and started to deliver pellets the right length. When I started using their new ones and problem went away. I have not had one problem since.

ok i see....well there are some pellets that appear longer, but a minority with this year's brand. After removing that peice of loosening foam, i have not had a shutdown (yet). Am thinking that it could have been a combo of a few pellets being too long and the foam stopping them from getting into the auger. Will let the board know how things are going down the road. Hoping that everything is fine now. Had to replace the igniter and am hoping that the new 15-fin igniter will have a longer life. I was averaging one a year with the old, which is fine under warranty, but once that goes away they are like 100 a piece!! Any else have igniter probs??

well everyone, just wanted to update people and let you know that we are going on week 2 of NO 5 blink error!!! Don't want to jinx myself, but I believe it was a combination of a few longer pellets and the foam gasket that is at the bottom of the hopper. Once I removed the loose part, seems like nothing was getting jammed and even through the warmer temps in day and low at night, the boiler hasn't had a prob starting and reigniting when needed. Thanks for all the suggestions on here.....now I just hope that I haven't jinxed myself ha ha.....happy heating everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.