Harman Pb105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, dip switches are tiny and located on the control board. It may be a tiny little part, 1/2" by 1/2" soldered on the control PCB, usually blue with white switches but the color does not matter.

They are so small that you may need a magnifying glass and small finish nail to throw the dip switches. They are about the same size as a small IC chip. They are not normal size switches.

In the factory literature there may be a picture showing the part location.

The blue things with the white dials are probably pots, potentialometers, dial adjustable resistors. Do not touch them.

It's too small to see eye by squinting but, working your from the PCB upper left corner, there is the fuse then the control power transformer. Right under that is some black thing that could be the DIP switches or it could be the tan thing.

You need to look at it with magnification, then you're looking for something similar in size to the IC chips but has tiny tabs on it that can be slid. They are the DIP switches. DIP is dual in line pin, same size as the IC's for PCB mounting. Once you find the DIP package, look at the four corners. One of the corners will have an indicator, a circle or triangle, where the other three corners will just be squared. The odd corner is indicated "switch 1" with the remaining switches following left to right.

I am not familiar with the Harmon. I would recheck the instructions to be sure I was looking in the right place. Calling the factory is a good bet also. Make sure they support the product.

DIP switches may be set at initial product install, setup programming. They should never be touched routinely after the boiler has been put into service. Why is it you need to adjust the DIP sw's.

Understood, but that does not tell me what the DIP switches are controlling. What effect the change makes.

You should only be setting the DIP sw's at the direction of the factory.

found mine, mine are actually on the front side of the control panel, if you cut out a little piece they are visible from the front, just the first 4 switches you can see. the yare set to on off off

Yep, I googled and found the earlier thread.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/back-fires-feed-rate-dip-switches-and-smoke-harman-pb-105.25243/

And found a bigger photo. (click on the photo)

http://pellethead.com/products/1%2d00%2d05886-{47}-3%2d20%2d05374-%2d-Control-Board,-Platinum.html

If you feel in any way that Harmon should be doing something better with their products, I'm a big advocate of calling the factory and telling them directly. Reading that thread, If it was me, Harmon would take some heat over the phone.

It is one of the few ways to motivate Harmon to compete. Let them know what the customer demands and what they will not tolerate. The market needs to mature with higher quality products.

Reactions: BoilerMan
Status
Not open for further replies.