Harman PB105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wipelletguru

Feb 22, 2014
Thorp, WI 54771
Not sure if i should post here or in the pellet section. Because I have a pellet Boiler.
Heres the issue. My pellet boiler has a hard time lighting from a fresh startup. eg after a stove cleaning.
I have the 15fin ignitor and have replaced it a few times with the same problem. When i bought the boiler it came with the Pb 105 Pressure ignition Retro kit but i haven't installed it. What are the benefits of the the kit? I can't seem to find any info on it and what the kit if for. Can someone point me in the right direction????

Does your boiler have the pressure ignition air pump? Just reading a vendor's site that mentioned if ignitor has failed, usually the air pump needs replacement as well ($350!). Apparently the pressure ignitor is only applicable to certain builds of the 105. From pellethead.com: (The PB105 boiler has had pressure ignition from serial #008341123 and greater.)

What's your serial #?

Does your boiler have the pressure ignition air pump? Just reading a vendor's site that mentioned if ignitor has failed, usually the air pump needs replacement as well ($350!). Apparently the pressure ignitor is only applicable to certain builds of the 105. From pellethead.com: (The PB105 boiler has had pressure ignition from serial #008341123 and greater.)

What's your serial #?
I have the whole kit to change it from the fin style to the Pressure style. Just wondering about the benefits. My serial number is earlier than the number that they came standard. Its a couple hundred numbers earlier. Bought the stove new and it came with the all the parts to change it over.

Does your's have the air pump? Don't know much about them and it's been a while since I looked at the manuals... likely cause they are not making them anymore.

I have the boiler with pressure ignitor and have never had any real problem with cold ignition. I've had a few misfires when the combustion fan got caked up, but properly maintained it's been very reliable.

I remember talking to guy who owned an early PB105 who said he returned the unit to the factory he was so unhappy with it. But he got another PB105 after it was improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.