Harman PB105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieseldan

Jan 9, 2010
Guilford Vt
Me and my wife are building a new home and looking into our different options for boilers. We have looked quickly at the harman boilers and I was just wondering what they use a day about for an amount of pellets. I didn't know if it would be like 20lbs or 40lbs. Our house is 24x40 two floors and a full basement. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2 year old 2000 sq. ft ranch and I'm averaging about 110 pounds of pellets per day. I have 4 zones and I use programmable thermostats that turn the temp down to 55F when we're not home and 72F when we are.

The best thing to do is to get a heat loss estimate, any good plumber should be able to do this. Wood pellets average 8500 BTUs per pound. You should be able to get a rough estimate of your pellet usage using the heat loss calculation and the information I've given you.

Status
Not open for further replies.