Harman PC 45.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher1

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2014
Ironton WI
Well I guess we will see how the PC45's work, scored a nice unit with lots of extras for $1200. Picking it up this week. Hoping it will give a bit more heat than my Magnum3500.

I don't know about the heat issue but will be so much easier to keep clean and so easy to start. I used to spend a hour per week trying to keep the Countryside clean. The PC 45 takes half that once a month. A quick brushing of the exchanger everyday and a scrape of the pot-tray about 45 seconds. No extra motor to grind away stirring the pot and a fair amount quieter running. Smaller foot print.
Good luck. PM me if you have any ?s

I don't know about the heat issue but will be so much easier to keep clean and so easy to start. I used to spend a hour per week trying to keep the Countryside clean. The PC 45 takes half that once a month. A quick brushing of the exchanger everyday and a scrape of the pot-tray about 45 seconds. No extra motor to grind away stirring the pot and a fair amount quieter running. Smaller foot print.
Good luck. PM me if you have any ?s
Actually, going to burn corn. It has pellet and corn pots and a stirrer. Do you need to use the stirrer with corn? I think so. need to do some reading.

Yes you need to stir the corn or will make a very large clinker. Small holes on the tray and small hole for the fan cover to slow down the air to keep the pot-tray at a higher temp as corn ignites about 200 degrees higher than wood. Your going to need to empty the ash bin more often too as corn kernels like to keep their form and not crumble like pellets.
Keep or get the corn as dry as possible or mix some pellets. I dry my corn down to single digits.

Yes you need to stir the corn or will make a very large clinker. Small holes on the tray and small hole for the fan cover to slow down the air to keep the pot-tray at a higher temp as corn ignites about 200 degrees higher than wood. Your going to need to empty the ash bin more often too as corn kernels like to keep their form and not crumble like pellets.
Keep or get the corn as dry as possible or mix some pellets. I dry my corn down to single digits.
Yup been doing some reading. Neat way the stirrer works. We shall see! Thanks.

If the stove has not had the door gaskets replaced in the last 3 years, now would be the time to get them replaced. Menards has graphite rope kits for around $10

Status
Not open for further replies.