Harman PC45 combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
I have and old PC45 and the combustion blower it calls for does not look like whats on there. It looks more like one for an Invincible. I don't think it was ever changed out did Harman change this on later models? I'd like to get a spare on hand but like normal I'm confused.

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 319
  • 3-21-08639.jpg
    3-21-08639.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 398
The one on the right is what it calls for but it looks more like the left one thanks

The one on the right is just the motor no mounting plate, no impeller, and no cooling fan. as far as I can tell.

That's what I gather also but will the one on the right accept my old cooling fan and shroud? Is there an output shaft on that end?

the blower has been modified since your stove was built. new one does not have the black plastic shroud or the impeller on the back anymore.

Thank you. I figured as much but I do like the idea of more air moving around the motor. Maybe that's why it's never had to be replaced. It's a good old stove I hope I never need any of the spare parts I've been squirreling away. :lol:

Northwoodneil said:
Thank you. I figured as much but I do like the idea of more air moving around the motor. Maybe that's why it's never had to be replaced. It's a good old stove I hope I never need any of the spare parts I've been squirreling away. :lol:
If your desire is to replace the motor with the same motor with a cooling fan I see a couple options for you, purchase a motor like the one below, use it as is with whatever terminal connectors that are need to connect to the stove wiring. or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harman-Invi...122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb7f4e4a
OR: Purchase a motor like the one below, when its needed, remove the rotor (some call it armature) assembly from your motor and install it in this motor.
http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman_Exhaust_Combustion_Blower_Motor_p/pp7613.htm

Thats a good idea, never thought about swapping out the armature. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.