Harman PC45 corn stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warminwisco

Jan 8, 2006
The PC45 is the same chassis as the P61 I understand. It has a different "engine". If I would add the P61 permanent pellet burn pot would I then have a 61k btu stove. I can get pellets for 120 a ton unlimited, and it is a thought because they are less maintenance than corn, though corn is 65 a ton this year.

warminwisco said:
The PC45 is the same chassis as the P61 I understand. It has a different "engine". If I would add the P61 permanent pellet burn pot would I then have a 61k btu stove. I can get pellets for 120 a ton unlimited, and it is a thought because they are less maintenance than corn, though corn is 65 a ton this year.

Where do you live that you have unlimited pellets at 120 ton?
Are they low ash?
Thanx

zogboy said:
Where do you live that you have unlimited pellets at 120 ton?
Are they low ash?
Thanx

Hey there Zogboy. I had to laugh.

So where do you THINK "warminwisc" lives? The answer is hidden within. [Warm-in-Wisc(onsin)]. ;-) You know, dairy farms, cheese, big white tail deer ...................

Anyway, if you want all the low down on were WIW gets his $120 pellets, go here:
www.pellethead.com

It should answer most of your questions.

Cheers,
DK

he brings his pellets in by rail car.....dump them right in the back of your truck.....BULK load!

you really wouldn't need to change anything.....all you would need to do is purchase the pellet grate for this unit. As for BTU's, I blieve this would all depend on the heat exchanger not the feeder. I also believe the body would be similar to their P38+ stove in size.

At 120/ton, it's time to start filling trucks and driving to NY. Pellets start around 320/ton here and go up from there.

FireJumper said:
you really wouldn't need to change anything.....all you would need to do is purchase the pellet grate for this unit. As for BTU's, I blieve this would all depend on the heat exchanger not the feeder. I also believe the body would be similar to their P38+ stove in size.

The PC45 is the same "stove body" of the P61, software & burnpot are not alike. The PC45 is a 45,000 btu stove with the corn or pellet burn grate, The only way to produce 61,000 btu's with PC45 is to replace the circuit board & burnpot used in the P61.

Anyway you have to buy your stove from the dealer and get into his buyers club for 40 a year. Discount on parts service and pellets. Low ash canadian fir, Pellet Gold out of BC. But when you talk to a corn burner all pellets are low ash.

I got side shields reg 85 for 63 bucks, in the buyers club. The chassis is the same, the Harman brochure says the pot changes out to the same pot as the P61, the heat exchangers are the same, the circuit board...the difference. Anyway on 4 or 5 it crankes out the heat with the "pellet pot" that changes out with the "corn pot" in a minute. Cheese, white tail deer and plenty of corn beeeer. And a lot of good ol farm folks. Prefer malted barley myself. WIW

warminwisco said:
Cheese, white tail deer and plenty of corn beeeer. And a lot of good ol farm folks. Prefer malted barley myself. WIW

WIW,
Man, you got that right. Jake Leinenkugel (and family) are huge in my book!!!!!

I may be an Illinois Boy, but thank goodness we boarder our good Wisconsin friends to the North. Leiney Original and Chippewa Falls are the best in my book!!!!

We were on a military deployment to Volk Field, WI in the late 80's and that is were I had the good fortune to discover Lienenkugel's. Its' ruined me. Nothing else quite compares (well maybe my own homebrew). ;-)

Cheer,
DK

pelletheat said:
FireJumper said:

The PC45 is the same "stove body" of the P61, software & burnpot are not alike. The PC45 is a 45,000 btu stove with the corn or pellet burn grate, The only way to produce 61,000 btu's with PC45 is to replace the circuit board & burnpot used in the P61.

I guess your right, after looking at them side by side the PC-45 is the same body as the P61/P61A. I never realized how small the P38+ looks compared to the P61 or PC-45. At least I'm straight now.

Status
Not open for further replies.