Harman PC45 install. PICS!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poconoman

Nov 22, 2009
Pocono Lake, PA
I had it professionally installed last week and the stove rocks! All venting is 4" pipe made by Excel.

Attachments

• Harman PC45 install (3).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (3).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Harman PC45 install (5).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (5).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • Harman PC45 install (6).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (6).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Harman PC45 install (8).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (8).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,148
  • Harman PC45 install (9).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (9).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Harman PC45 install (11).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (11).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Harman PC45 install (12).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (12).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Harman PC45 install (14).jpg
    Harman PC45 install (14).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,162
Looks great poconoman!

Tx for the photos too, My stove will sit in the corner the same way and I see they didn't use a Tee attachment on your stove inside the house to get the pipe out (used a 45 like macman had mentioned in my thread). I may use your pics to show my dealer.

Enjoy :)

Nice looking stove and install. Does this have an Outside Air intake installed?

Looks like you have quite a bit snow on the ground already.
I'm In Michigan right near the lake and we barey have any.

I'm amazed how similar most stoves are in appearence.
I guess its a fairly basic design with not a lot of twists available except for color

Nice clean install! Enjoy it and welcome to the Harman family.

Very nice job. Similar to my corner install except 3" Simpson duravent (works fine) and 45 out to a tee in the drafty garage and straight up through roof. Like the stove because its built like a tank- except for the hopper hinge mechanism that prevents the hopper door from slamming into wall- busted on day 2.

Congrats on the install, Pocono, and thanks for the pics....we LOVE pics! LOL

Enjoy the heat....you got it installed not a moment too soon, as the cold is coming. Already down to 25 degrees here now.

poconoman said:
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. This little thing, brings out the heat! :coolsmile:

I had the option of going straight up, INSIDE the house with black pipe, but I didn't feel like busting the ceiling and roof.
smart.....then you also dont have to worry about leaks......water, that is

Looks good but why did you go over where the missing gutter should be and not just out?

Eric

Attachments

• SANY0362.jpg
    SANY0362.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 870
poconoman said:
kinsman stoves said:
Looks good but why did you go over where the missing gutter should be and not just out?

Eric

Do you mean, terminate under the gutter with a cap?

Terminate straight out the wall or with just a 3' vertical rise. I do like the 4" diameter. Good choice on that.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
poconoman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Terminate straight out the wall or with just a 3' vertical rise. I do like the 4" diameter. Good choice on that.

Eric

The installer determined that the best way to keep the outside wall clean from soot, smoke, etc AND have great draft, was to go past the lowest roof line using 4" all the way. Member hearthtools does it this way exclusively.

poconoman said:
kinsman stoves said:
poconoman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Eric

The installer determined that the best way to keep the outside wall clean from soot, smoke, etc AND have great draft, was to go past the lowest roof line using 4" all the way. Member hearthtools does it this way exclusively.

As long as you are not burning straight corn if you are burning corn you want to have the shortest exhaust possible. Corn is very corrosive and will eat s/s if it condensates, no matter what brand of pipe you use. You are right on going above the gutter as long as you consider the EVL and burn pellets.

Eric

The new versions of the PC-45's are bullet proof. I would bet the best stove on the market. Anyone wanna challenge can bring their stove here and we will fire them up and hydrate as they burn.

Cheers
Eric

kinsman stoves said:
The new versions of the PC-45's are bullet proof. I would bet the best stove on the market. Anyone wanna challenge can bring their stove here and we will fire them up and hydrate as they burn.

Cheers
Eric

I would gladly put my Omega up against it. Of coarse I might just be there for hydration too!

Need to make sure there is nothing combutible under that pipe. If under 2 feet off the ground you need to place block. Must have 3 feet beyond the end of the pipe clear of combustibles. Don't want to see melted siding.

Status
Not open for further replies.