Harman PC45 problem/question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seyser

Oct 12, 2015
MN
I have a Harman PC45 at my house so I'm fairly familiar with these units. We recently picked up a used one for my parents to replace their Bixby. I test fired it outside the other day in stove temp. It ignited and fired up but the distribution blower never turned on and it appeared that the air pump stayed running and possibly the igniter too? I ran the stove for approx. 15min. What could be the cause of this?

I didn't have any time to troubleshoot the stove but will take a closer look this weekend. The seller stated that he installed an updated circuit board and also had both motors rebuilt? I didn't see anything unhooked or molested.

Jeremy

I have a Harman PC45 at my house so I'm fairly familiar with these units. We recently picked up a used one for my parents to replace their Bixby. I test fired it outside the other day in stove temp. It ignited and fired up but the distribution blower never turned on and it appeared that the air pump stayed running and possibly the igniter too? I ran the stove for approx. 15min. What could be the cause of this?

I didn't have any time to troubleshoot the stove but will take a closer look this weekend. The seller stated that he installed an updated circuit board and also had both motors rebuilt? I didn't see anything unhooked or molested.

Jeremy
What was the outside temp when you did this? If it was chilly, I've heard of some stoves acting strangely. Run the stove in test mode. Everything should run except the igniter. This will tell you if the dist blower is working.

Probably not long enough. The hot sided stove can dissipate a lot of heat and MN has been nice but it takes a bit to get the stove to temp. There is 3 control board algorithms that I am aware of for the 45. Also what feed setting dictates some of the feed and other things for its dual fuel using corn. It needs a pretty high exhaust temp if it is trying to get corn to burn properly. With my stove having an extra 70lbs or so inside, my startup can be long but I usually turn the igniter to manual and turn the stove off and then back on to discontinue the ignition after a good fire has been started.
Which two motors did he think he got rebuilt? Exhaust fan motor is $100 via Amazon.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.