Harman PC45 with now installed Crosslink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Got to work and installed the Crosslink and plumbing to heat 1500 sq ft of slab and side leg on water heater to heat domestic water supply. Very minor couple of leaks and will finallize install next spring when things warm up and see if any tweeks need be done.
Fired up last night for few hours and shutdown to check leaks and burp system and fired it hard this morning. Seems to be working good. Need some cold weather to really use its potential.
DCSN0156
DSCN0156.JPG

That is one ugly thing to do to a beautiful stove, but I hope it works for ya.;)

Once I have things sorted out this season a couple of shields should make the system pretty much invisible.

Once I have things sorted out this season a couple of shields should make the system pretty much invisible.
I felt bad seeing it heading into your trailer. The plate on the ash drawer held memories of a good friend. But I'm glad you got it rather then someone who wouldn't take care of it.

That is one ugly thing to do to a beautiful stove, but I hope it works for ya.;)

I agree. But its still a Harman!!

What slab are you heating? Garage? Basement?

Where is the stove plugged in? I see the power cord. And I see a Outlet to the right of the stove?

Looking forward to a review. Been talk of it here. But many object. Its big over at iburncorn.

The crosslink is heating a leg exchanger for 110 marathon DWH then to 30x50 basement slab.
The cord is running to a moderate sized UPS, the soon to be dedicated outlet will have its own dedicated UPS, I'm the last home on a power leg in the country and the power sometimes is a bit down and dirty. Used to be able to set watch by the 4:30 brown out.

Reactions: DexterDay
I love the idea of the cross link, especially with a cheap used stove. But for the price of a new Harman with cross link, you could almost get a pellet boiler, without the post-apocalyptic look.

Is this an aftermarket add on or a OEM option?

After market from crosslinkconversions. Developing kit for Breckwell big e? thats available around here for a grand.
I got the stove used, in fact I got two used this summer for average price well under a big box store gets.

I'm still considering the crosslink but need time to do more research and think it thru. I like it and it provides heat in numerous ways.

1.) The radiant heat the PC45 or pellet stove produces.
2.) The heat from the distribution blower.
3.) The heat from the water loop.
4.) Unlimited free domestic hot water.

I wish I would have stumbled across the pellet and corn burners back when I did the Woodmaster OWB because I would have likely gone this route and a new wood burning insert instead. Still pondering my entire situation and set up for the next big move. I am very happy with the pellet stoves route thus far.

Reactions: Love the Heat
Status
Not open for further replies.