Harman Pellet EPA Certified Yet ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

02809bristol

Mar 9, 2014
Rhode Island
Just looking to see if anyone knows when Harman Pellet stoves/inserts will be certified by EPA ????
I know their wood stoves are
Lung association vouchers are useless !

I wouldn't say useless. I would have preferred to be able to get a Harman, I will be perfectly happy with what I was able to get. I know you are looking at the Harman 52i, but to save $2000 you may want to check out the Enviro M55/Hampton GCI60. Lots of awesome reviews on here for that stove. In my research, the brand new Harman 52i has some bugs that haven't been worked out yet. YMMV, but if you are dead set on a Harman, the Lung Association will void your voucher and let you reapply later when Harman may be certified, if there is any money left.

Reactions: pelletdude
From a Facebook reply:

"The XXV is one of our favorites too, especially in the porcelain colors! The XXV pellet stove is 76% efficient and is currently being EPA certified. All Harman pellet stoves are between 76% and 94% efficient. The Harman pellet product efficiency numbers are located on all of our product brochures. All Harman pellet products are in EPA testing and will be EPA certified early 2015."

Status
Not open for further replies.