Harman Pellet Stove Installation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flasharino

Aug 6, 2008
Northern CT
I will soon be installing a new P61 Harman Pellet stove for my girlfriend and I want to make sure I do it right. I have read all the information provided by Harman but the detail is not as great as I would like. I will be using the Harman pass-thru vent kit which basically has two pieces - the inside and the outside halves. The first complication is that the house has clapboard on the exterior so the flat vent plate will not have a flat surface to sit on. I plan to seal it with exterior silicone caulk and screw it to the house. The internal half also has holes which seem to be usable to screw it to the wall but to get in there the inside half would need to be unbolted and disassembled. Does anyone know if I am on track here or have any additional details I might find useful regarding this installation?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.