Harman Pellet Stove-NEEDS MOTOR - $200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
this is on my craigslist....says motor is $800... is that right?

Harman pellet stove believed to be from mid 90's based on serial number. Being told by the local stove shop that it NEEDS AN EXAUST MOTOR which will cost about $800 installed This thing ran great for two winters until the motor went this week. It's secondary heat for us so not willing to put money into it. I don't have pictures but you can search "Harman Invincible RS" and see pics and specs. It is not the insert but the freestanding model. Believe it runs 55000 BTU's and it's grey in color. Burns about a bag of pellets a day and needs to be cleaned bi-weekly running on max.

you should be able to find one cheaper
and its an easy replacement
search on here, there is a company that sells better than factory
directly interchangeable replacement motors
i think it was about a hundred dollars

that is the same stove as i have and i love it
they are asking 200??

id jump on it
wish it was closer

I would jump on that myself. No way the motor is $800. Must be the install labor that jacking the price up.

I would PM lousyweather and see what he quotes you for a price.

That thing will definetly out heat the kozi you have. IMO

Hope you get it.

How tuff is it to change the motor on these? The exhaust motor on my current stove looks like all you do is plug and unplug...

chrisasst said:
How tuff is it to change the motor on these? The exhaust motor on my current stove looks like all you do is plug and unplug...

that motor, 3-21-00945A should be about $175.99 + tax over the counter. Oddly, this includes both the motor and the housing. Youre going to take out 6 screws, remove the housing, and throw the housing away....for some reason, this motor is unavailable without the housing. Its easy to do.....2 wires to splice in and 6 screws....if you have even a bit of mechanical ability, you can do it. Whgile you have the motor out, be sure to check the impeller blades, which also may need replacing.

yes, what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i remove my once a year to clean out the chamber below it
and clean the blades

Status
Not open for further replies.