Harman pellet stove wasting fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your interest in helping me adjust my stove. It has been performing well since I have been working it harder--setting it above heatpump thermostat and using it in Room Temp mode. It pushes the ash away periodically and doesn't throw embers.
I don't see any identification numbers on the control board. Is it worth trying to find a draft adjustment if I don't have any obvious problems?
If you're satisfied now I'd suggest leaving it until heating season is over and modding it when you have time to play and don't need the heat. You can do your research now so you'll be ready then.

Keep it set above heat pumps as I suggested and make it work. If you want to play, move the room temp sensor around and up and down and watch what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Thanks for your interest in helping me adjust my stove. It has been performing well since I have been working it harder--setting it above heatpump thermostat and using it in Room Temp mode. It pushes the ash away periodically and doesn't throw embers.
I don't see any identification numbers on the control board. Is it worth trying to find a draft adjustment if I don't have any obvious problems?

Your choice, but as F4jock has noted and since you have no measurement equipment and currently have a working stove it can wait until the off season.

If you're satisfied now I'd suggest leaving it until heating season is over and modding it when you have time to play and don't need the heat. You can do your research now so you'll be ready then.

Keep it set above heat pumps as I suggested and make it work. If you want to play, move the room temp sensor around and up and down and watch what happens.
Ok. Thanks. I've been learning a lot from these forums. Great thing to have.

What happens when you go to work and you cant move pellets around ,
People that have that stove like maintenance huh???

Your choice, but as F4jock has noted and since you have no measurement equipment and currently have a working stove it can wait until the off season.
Hello, pros on airflow. My stove ran out of pellets before morning, so I took the chance to give it a real cleaning, now that I got my education on this forum. Are the burnpot holes supposed to be the only air inlet? I couldn't find any holes below about halfway, yet a lot of the burning in my stove happens below that, even at the end of the auger. Is some air supposed to come through the auger tube, or is this evidence of a problem? (Harman P61-2)

BTW. Lesson learned. EMPTY THAT FINES BOX. I don't know if mine was ever emptied. It was jam-packed clear full. I'm glad I got it before it stalled the auger motor. I think that emptying it took care of an annoying clunk that it often made when the auger was running.

Status
Not open for further replies.