Harman Pellet User Group

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Aug 9, 2008
NH
I think that this forum is a great place for pellet users - I have learned a lot from this group and will continue to visit. Now, having purchased a Harman P68, I have just started a yahoo users group - it's called Harman Pellet Stove Users and I invite harman users and dealers to join to exchange information.

Thank you.

Hi Sophie,

It is amazing how many folks have taken such a deep interst in the pellet market. I agree with comments about this forum. I have been visiting for a short time now as well and I continue to keep learning here. I have seen many, many others say the same.

I am also a new Harman owner and would be glad to vist you user group to check it out. Do you have a URL for those of us who need a map to get around the internet :)

I think it will be a good supplement to this forum - quite a few new members have joined. :cheese:

That is generally a corn stove user's forum.

The same place also has a pellet forum:
http://www.iburnpellets.com/forum/

BUT, many (maybe most) of their corn people have switched to pellets anyway, so the corn forum is still valid. Corn was cheap and that's when those forums became popular....but almost no one uses corn right now (unless you grow it).

The Harman Stove Users group will be another resource for Harman owners - I am looking forward to the advice and experience of other Harman owners on a dedicated forum.

I finally decided that I couldn't wait any longer to order a stove, so I ordered a Breckwell, and the next day I got a call saying that my Harman came in. I was able to cancel the Brecwell as it was back ordered. I was happy with the Breckwell but was absollutely ecstatic when I found out I had a Harman.

Sophie said:
I think that this forum is a great place for pellet users - I have learned a lot from this group and will continue to visit. Now, having purchased a Harman P68, I have just started a yahoo users group - it's called Harman Pellet Stove Users and I invite harman users and dealers to join to exchange information.

Thank you.

Great! Nice to see another resource. It sure can`t hurt and I wish you success.
However I think a more brand diverse forum like Hearth.com is more beneficial since so many topics are relative to all pellet users and the reality is that we are not locked in to just brand or type of stove. Many presently own or have owned different stoves and can discuss their experiences.

I don't see this forum losing any members to the specific brand forums. This is a GREAT forum and the diversity is a great asset of this forum. However, because we all are diverse and purchase different stoves for different reasons, it think it is helpful to have brand forums. I will continue to patronize this forum but when I need assitance with my specific stove, it can't hurt to seek advise at both places.

Gio said:
Sophie said:

Thank you.

Great! Nice to see another resource. It sure can`t hurt and I wish you success.
However I think a more brand diverse forum like Hearth.com is more beneficial since so many topics are relative to all pellet users and the reality is that we are not locked in to just one brand or type of stove. Many presently own or have owned different stoves and can discuss their experiences.

I like the idea as a Harman owner, but I've found many helpful people on here already. What's next? Exclusive groups for each brand of pellet people burn?

There are lots of brand specific questions - and even if not, owners of a sort like to flock together. There are Yahoo Forum for, for instance, Sannibel Pocket Sailboats, which is just a brand of sailboat - and a rare one at that! There are certainly enough Harman stoves out there - and more to come - to make for a busy group.

As to "losing members", that is nothing that ever concerns me. We are here to help people not to corral them. If helping them means showing them another informational site, well that is what the net is all about! Now, if only Sophie can start a big political thread over there, I can get rid of all my arch-enemies
:)

Actually, right now we have too many members......server is starting to slow down. 15,000 visitors on tuesday! Looks like a server upgrade will be in the works this winter. We are on track for about 2.5 million pages being read this month.

Webmaster said:
Actually, right now we have too many members......server is starting to slow down. 15,000 visitors on tuesday! Looks like a server upgrade will be in the works this winter. We are on track for about 2.5 million pages being read this month.

Wow. Well done Webmaster, those are some impressive numbers.

The numbers Craig is seeing just shows how fed up people are with spending money on oil. Keep up the good work.

Wow!

Those are amazing numbers webmaster. Great work. Maybe you should include that info in the corner of your header somewhere.

Sophie said:
The Harman Stove Users group will be another resource for Harman owners - I am looking forward to the advice and experience of other Harman owners on a dedicated forum.

:)

Sophie,
I just registered at the new Harmon User Group Site as lessoil.
It will be a long cold Winter and am looking forward to the information exchange here and at the users group.

Thanks!!

I really didn't mean the Harman group to compete with Hearth.com and it couldn't even if I wanted to. I won't benefit from starting the group - it's just another resource available to Harman users to quickly target other Harman users with specific Harman issues. As I said, i will continue visiting Hearth.com, which is a wonderful resource and if it was not, or if they were worried about another list, they could have simply deleted my posting.

I just had a Harman Accentra installed a few weeks ago - love it so far - at least its appearance. Hasn't been cold enough to need it yet. Before it gets cold and I have it running all the time. I need some reassurance that I can leave the thing on while my wife and I are at work and not worry about it. I know there's always the risk that the fire can burn through the auger into the hopper - however minimal that risk might be. Was contemplating having a security/fire system installed since we're gone from the house during the day. Thought I'd ask others' opinions though.

Is it safe to leave unattended for 10 hrs a day. Of course we'd crank down the temp. to 60 or so since we're not in the house. i don't want to put in a security sys. don't like the thought of it. but.....

Thanks

BP

BPPellet said:
...... i don't want to put in a security sys. don't like the thought of it. but.....

just curious....why don't you "like the thought of it"? I have one and it gives me great peace of mind.

BPPellet said:
I just had a Harman Accentra installed a few weeks ago - love it so far - at least its appearance. Hasn't been cold enough to need it yet. Before it gets cold and I have it running all the time. I need some reassurance that I can leave the thing on while my wife and I are at work and not worry about it. I know there's always the risk that the fire can burn through the auger into the hopper - however minimal that risk might be. Was contemplating having a security/fire system installed since we're gone from the house during the day. Thought I'd ask others' opinions though.

Is it safe to leave unattended for 10 hrs a day. Of course we'd crank down the temp. to 60 or so since we're not in the house. i don't want to put in a security sys. don't like the thought of it. but.....

Thanks

BP

I let my run all day without any worries, as does the rest of my family. Let it burn...

rap69ri said:
BPPellet said:

Thanks

BP

I let my run all day without any worries, as does the rest of my family. Let it burn...

Mine has yet to be installed, but I cannot imagine not letting it run while I'm away. Would kind of defeat the whole purpose of getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.