Harman PF100 control board 1-00-05888

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minnie1967

Oct 4, 2014
Midwest
If you energize the stove, the combustion blower red light comes on for a couple of seconds, you can hear the motor turning, then the status light flashes a half a second and then a solid red power light. Normally if there's a fault, it would blink 1, 3, 4, 5, or 6 times. I guess someone else took the control cover off and found a short in the wire box where a wire nut burned through and was touching the metal. Problem is where I live, no one wants to work so it's near impossible to get a qualified tech out. On my regular furnace I had to replace the exhaust blower motor, upper limit switch, rewire and replace the damper motor. Not like I do not know how to use a meter... I've looked at the wiring diagram. there really isn't much explanation of the control board except the sensors and low voltage wiring. The average price of the control board is about $260. I'd hate to replace it under the assumption the wire shorted out to ground, but all indications point to that with it not firing up or flashing an error code.

You say the status light flashes on but then goes off, the status light is a call for heat light, if your status light isn't on the stove doesn't think you need heat. Is it hooked up to the harman thermostat?

Has a Harman tstat, it's calling for heat, but repeat original post. Combustion blower light comes on 2-3 seconds goes off .5 second red flash for status, then solid red power light.

Last edited:
are you turning on the stove using the on/off switch down at the wiring/junction box or are you turning the stove on by using the dial on the control board?

"Are you turning on the stove using the on/off switch down at the wiring/junction box" Yes.The tsat is also adjusted to call for heat. That is the Harmon tstat.

Last edited:
Ok, i maybe should have asked my question differently. If you dont leave the switch on at the junction box and turn the control board dial to the on position and turn the harman thermostat to a position where it should want to be calling for heat and then after that flip on the switch at the junction box the stove will think it just went through a power outage and wont start. to properly start the stove you need to leave power on to the stove with the control board dial in the off postion until it receives power. Once the stove has power then turn the dial from off to automatic mode. sorry if you are already doing, but i have known people to get hung up doing it in the wrong order.

Last edited:
All the light came on, except low fuel, power, status, combustion motor, ignitor, feed motor. Calling for heat, the feed motor light shuts off, tried 2 times.

I think the control board is fine. Put the feed adjust into test mode and the motors ran. Time to call the manufacture to have them find someone qualified to go from here.

First guy, did you buy it from me? No, well I have 20 people in front of you.... Called the place it was bought from their out till 10/22. Set up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.