Harman PF100-Incomplete Burn Problem - pls help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I've searched the forum and found a couple of loosely related but nothing definitive. Hope you have some experience to share! With this 2016 cold snap my Harman PF100 (since 2005) isn't working and I need some help.
Whats Happening: It will try and cycle through a burn process and won't ignite the burn. If I do a manual burn it will establish for a short while (3hr), not quite get up to temp and a good many pellets are "charred" but not fully burned. The air distribution blower (supply to air ducts) will cycle intermittently, but not sustained - as if the burn is not up to temp.

What I've done so far:
- I had the burn-pot bubble problem and fixed this with a patch of perforated stainless steel, as well as a new igniter. Seems to get scalding hot.
- I've had the dealer thoroughly cleaned all the outbound exhaust pipes, ESP probe (looked good), as well as the combustion fan.

What i've noticed. Seems like the combustion fan motor is making a squealing sound as if the bearings starting to fail.

So with this cold I need to keep my family warm, and while my hearthstone wood stove belts out the heat - just not enough:).

Does anyone have any idea on potential sources for incomplete pellet burn? The dealer I bought from is no longer with Harman and I don't want to burn through money try to trouble-shoot this.

Thank you for the suggestion....The dealer thought the combustion exhaust fan was working fine, but I'll ask him about that. And yes, I took your suggestion and posted there too...I thought this might be the correct forum but I put there as well. thanks!

Okay - the weirdest thing. I noticed the combustion air intake opening/flap was closed. I poked it and with a swoosh of air the thing came to life...or maybe that should be lite !
It sure was a baffling problem that just didn't make sense....until it did!

Status
Not open for further replies.