Harman & QuadraFire Pellet Stove Orders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How long was your Stove delayed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletRat

Sep 16, 2008
South Eastern MA
Just wanted to create this forum to allow everyone to gage when and IF their stove will get delivered this heating season.

I ordered two stoves this summer.

Stove number 1 was ordered around 6/4/08 was Harman Pellet insert don't remember the model but was 40-42K btu's from Kirley in Mansfield MA.
This stove arrived with perfect timing a few days before the MA tax free weekend. I decided that for my house size that I needed a larger insert so I called the store and told them to sell it to someone else which they were happy to do.

Stove number 2 was ordered around 6/27/08 a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon AE from Acushnet Alternative Heating in Acushnet MA.
I was told that it would be installed the last few weeks of August. It's now the last weeks of September and no install date in site.

Has anyone who purchased a Quadrafire from AAH gotten their stove installed on time? If not how long was the delay?

Mine was originally promised the beginning of July. Two missed dates so far and still no stove.

Yours maybe coming along soon, they are filling the June orders now. I know 4 weeks ago my dealer was just getting June orders coming in. Seems like a long haul just to fill June orders.

Greetings: I originally ordered a PF100 pellet furnace from local Harman dealer in June with a $500 deposit. In early August he calls and said there was a big shakedown at Harman and I probably won't see my furnace until after first of the year, if even then. I quickly switched to Plan B and changed my order to a P-68 stove. Dealer says it will be in by late Oct. Got a call 2 weeks ago from the dealer who advised my stove had just come in and was ready to be picked up. He sold it to me for the pre-price increase price, which made me very happy. Now I'm looking forward to picking it up next week and replacing the Englader that's I've been burning the last 3 seasons. I'd like to commend the dealer, Farmyard Store in Derby, who seem to have kept their cool and integrity in this crazy pellet stove market the last few months. A class act.
Fixedblade in the NEK

I actually delayed my Harman P61A. I live only about 1 hour from the Harman plant in PA :). I had it instaled a few weeks ago and should be ready to go when the temp drops. I would only by a Harman stove. I know to many people in this area who have them and never had problems with their products. The P61A is my second Harman pellet stove, my first was toatally maintance free and we ran it 24/7 to heat are home

Hopefully if the June orders are starting to come in and I still stand a chance of getting my Quadrafire AE before the end of October. The funny part about all of this is that the Harman which susposetally shout down production accually came in and on time. After reading many of the posting here, pepole are still seeing delays in getting their Harman's to so who knows ???

Status
Not open for further replies.