Harman question: Auto mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletHog

Oct 28, 2007
Western MA
I can't figure this out....... I have a Harman Advance. When the stove is operating in room temp mode, I can continue to turn the stove temp/room temp knob clockwise, raising and lowering the distrbution fan speed. Where should this be set? If I leave it on the max blower speed, when the stove does not call for heat, the fan is still blowing on high speed...... but the air is not all that warm. If I set it on a lower speed, will the fan automatically go on a higher speed when the stove is producing more heat? Thanks.

PelletHog said:
I can't figure this out....... I have a Harman Advance. When the stove is operating in room temp mode, I can continue to turn the stove temp/room temp knob clockwise, raising and lowering the distrbution fan speed. Where should this be set? If I leave it on the max blower speed, when the stove does not call for heat, the fan is still blowing on high speed...... but the air is not all that warm. If I set it on a lower speed, will the fan automatically go on a higher speed when the stove is producing more heat? Thanks.

auto basically does what you just said it adjust everything according to the temp you have it set at ...if you open a door and cold air rushes in it will start roaring to maintain its temp
if you put it on stove mode you can control the heat output BUT you may end up to hot because it will run the STOVE at a continuious temp (say you set it to 3)
it will run at the temp until it runs out of pellets or turn it down
i usually run my stove on stove temp (i think its better if you are trying to do a large area ) i leave the fan right in the middle you can look at the light for the fan as it will grow brighter the faster the fan goes

now i am running mine in room temp at 68 with the fan also in the middle and the toggle switch is on auto right now the fan is barely blowing because the room is 68 ... when i come in from outside and the air comes the fire gets real big and the fan kicks up to high for about 5-10 min then goes back down
like i said before, if you are heating a large area put it on stove mode set it about 2-3 put the fan in the midlle and just let it run
it will take time to heat up your area if its large but the fan will blow in the middle as you have set it

Put it in the middle between L and H it will adjust the speed of the dist blower based on the room temp.
If you put it on low it will stay on low unless the stove starts to overheat that is the only time it will change speed.
If you put it on High like you said it will remove all the heat from the exchangers.
Put in the middle and the control board does the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.