harman refurbished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$100 hardly makes it worth it... You'd think 10%-20% would be a bit more fair.

snodays700 said:
One of the dealers I talked to said they had two factory refurbished pellet stoves with the full warranty for $100 less.

snodays700 said:
If i ever had any promlems with any of harman stoves would i have to have the dealer that i bought it from do any warranty service?
Yep, that's the downside.

/

I have to agree - I would pay the extra $100.00 and get a new unit. A $100.00 savings could equal a few cold nights and lots of frustration if things don't go rights. Now if the dealer were to say throw in a ton of pellets to sweeten the deal it might be worth it.

I've never seen anything from Harman indicating that they even do factory refurbishment. I bought a refurbished freestanding Invincible RS that had been a showroom demo for about 6 years, but that was refurbished by the servicing dealer. They did a fantastic job, rebuilding the blowers, replacing all the gaskets, ceramic, fire pot, etc. and tearing all the parts down to sandblast and paint. Literally looked and operated like new.

They sold it to me with the full 5 year warranty (which I was able to take advantage of twice), but even so I bought it from them for just a little over half price at the time. I don't think the $100 would be much of an incentive and I'd be suspicious of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.