Harman: Room Temp vs. Stove Temp, your thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womaus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Central MA
There were a couple of guys in another thread that wanted me to post this....

So, as a new Harman Accentra owner, what really are the best settings to use?

Heh heh.

Reactions: jackman
I run Room temp manual. My house is fairly well insulated and even if I run stove temp #1 it gets way too hot inside. Room temp keeps the house very consistent temp.

Reactions: Redlightning
Kind of like cruise control on your car. Set the room temp and let the stove do it. Easier and more economical.

;lol

Def room temp mode. If you dont want it relighting flip into manual after it is running and it wil maintain a small fire when not calling for heat. This works good when it is really cold outside

I only use stove temp mode on initial start up, then flip it to room temp when I get a good burn going. If the room is really cool/cold when starting the stove in room temp mode I find that it sometimes overfeeds the pellets if I have it set to 70 degrees or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.