harman sf260

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrCRXHF

Burning Hunk
Apr 28, 2008
Mid, Michigan
I got a 2 year old Harman for 1500 bucks. Going to hook it up with my triangle tube natural gas boiler. I wanted a eko 60 but with the wife going to school for her PhD that was not in the cards. So I am going to try and make this sf260 work for 4 years. I will post pics as the intall goes along.

Any tips or things to look out for with this boiler.

I had one for 8 years, got tierd of chucking 13 full cord in the basement. This is a well constructed very inefficient boiler when wood fired, as there is only one combustion air control. I believe you can burn coal, might be worth a try for comparison. If i still had the boiler today, I would install a pellett gun with controlls and forget about cordwood with this boiler.

So what u are telling me is after 4 years I am going to be ready for something new.

Maybe a little fire brick over some of the grates. I might play with it a bit and see if I can get it to run better.

Well i moved the water side arm tank (36 gallon) and got the gas boiler exhaust out the front of house. I did figure out the ID of my clay liner is 6.25"x10" and i need 18ft of stainless liner.

So i ordered a Flex king pro smooth double wall 6" liner and i am going to do the pour in insulation and hope to still get a good draft.

The back side of the Harman has a 7" exhaust so i really did not want to go down to 6" but i think if i keep the exhaust hot enough it will still draft fine.

I will post pictures soon.

IMG_20110927_214819.jpg

IMG_20110924_151530.jpg

2011-09-08%252019.22.59.jpg

Got the boiler up and running. Now we just need some more cold weather i really don't want to idle the boiler that much. I gotta add one relay still to keep the pump on the wood boiler on if the house calls for heat to draw heat off the boiler but besides that and finish up some insulation it is good to go.

12%2520-%25201.jpg

12%2520-%25201.jpg

11%2520-%25201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.