Harman T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy B

Feb 10, 2011
Terryville CT
Hi again

I posted yesterday looking for help with our Harman Invincible T...apparently we need to replace the main curcuit board and the attached enhancment board

I very much appreciate the replys and attempts at help...

So here is my question for the night...if it was your stove...and was 18 plus years old...and you had to spend 500 bucks to replace the boards...would you sink the money into it and fix it...??

.....or...call it and say it's done it's time and start looking for another stove???

btw...the people on this forum are great:)

thanks again

Sandy

Pellet stoves have came a long way in 18 plus years! Think i would go take a look at some of the newer stoves on the market to see whats out there. If you buy a new stove, do so from a dealer that will back it up! ;-)

I have a Harman Invinsible RS and love it
it is so simple, I can fix anything on it
the newer stoves in my opinion have to many bells and whistles
look around for the board I think you should be able to find one cheaper
that seems awfully high
also my thinking would be buying a new board for X
is alot cheaper than 3000 for a stove and
if it does everything you need it to and you
have been happy for so many years I'd fix it

Pellet stoves have remained relatively unchanged over the past 15 years, equipped with a thermostat and an ignitor there isn't anything my 15 year old whitfield couldn't do that my brand spanking new one can. If the stove is in good shape without any rust or rot, runs strong and suites your needs, i'd keep it and put the money into it.

keep it...it is called the "invincible" for a reason....that thing is nearly impossible to kill. you could get a nicer looker, or something with more bells and whistles....but you unit is solid and very capable.

Keep it, Vintage is in now, and reuse is the most Green you could be

Sandy B said:
alrighty...thank you kindly for the comments and opinions

looks like the *keep it's* win

wish me luck

Sandy

I have a Harman Pellet Pro II that is twenty years old and I can still get new parts for it today. That is Quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.