Harman tailpipe gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineiac

Nov 10, 2006
Scarborough, ME
Anyone know where to get this gasket? I have ordered the part through a local dealer and I am getting tired of waiting. They order through Harman. It is hard to believe that this is a special part. It is a simple felt-like gasket. It has broken down after prior removals to clean the ventpipe. Thanks.

Maybe at an auto parts store you can get high temp gasket mat`l and cut your own?

Gio said:
Maybe at an auto parts store you can get high temp gasket mat`l and cut your own?

Good idea. I just received a call from the dealer and Harman is having "issues" so he has no idea how long it would take. I imagine the gasket is over-priced to begin with. I will check the auto parts store for the mat and give it a try. I was thinking about using the high temp caulking but figured it may be a pain to remove each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.