Harman, the REAL story

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we take a min of 1/3 down. Stove to be paid in full before it leaves the shop.
Labor and material to be paid right after install.

I had one Harman dealer request for 50% in June with delivery after December (probably March now). That's a long time. I had another Harman/Quadrafire ask for $300. Asking for 50% is one thing when you expect delivery within a few months, but when you're talking 9 months --that's another issue.

Well, if you think that is bad, some DEALERS had to pay Harman and some other makers 100% up front.......

It's fodder for another thread, but mom and pop stove dealers are NOT Lowes, Home Depot or another chain store where you can expect them to say "yes, yes, yes" to everything. The big boxes often have sweet deals with their vendors to be able to return anything, charge back to the makers, etc. etc.

50% down is very typical at this time of year - assuming a stove can be had in 3 months or so. Many of our customers used to pay in full up front just to get it out of the way....but, then again, we were never more than 5 weeks behind (in 20+ years!)

But 50% for 9 months or more or never....personally, unless I was buying a Rolls Royce or nice Airplane, I wouldn't go for that one.

Exactly! Dealers have bills too. As does any business. And as a Business there are more bills

Lowes , Home Depot , True Value , and Ace hardware stores all sell the Englanders at reasonable prices. No waiting or 1/3 down.
My local True Value hardware store has had two sizes available since the spring. They also have pellets. Neighbor purchased two larger sized model stoves. They claim they have had no problem getting the stoves from their warehouses.

Well it comes down to, you get what you pay for. Not to say the Englander isnt a good stove, but you know what I mean. Some people are not capable of repairing there stoves themselves thats why they buy from a dealer. Home Depot nor your harware store will service their stoves.

Giovanni said:
Lowes , Home Depot , True Value , and Ace hardware stores all sell the Englanders at reasonable prices. No waiting or 1/3 down.
My local True Value hardware store has had two sizes available since the spring. They also have pellets. Neighbor purchased two larger sized model stoves. They claim they have had no problem getting the stoves from their warehouses.

Getting off the Harman track here, but these stores usually have stock less than 1/2 the year, can give you no (or dangerous) advice, cannot install, cannot service and usually cannot even deliver (or at least not inside) your house.

There are plenty of stoves available out there in the marketplace - just not Harman, Quad and selected others.

Let's try to keep the thread on Harman, Quad and other shortages...

Closing thread. That last dialog helps no one. Take a chill pill boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.