Harman themistat sensor, how to test if its working?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerjoe

Aug 18, 2006
New Brunswick, Kanata
Hi,

My cat found the termistat sensor for my Harman Acentra and chewed it pretty good.
The stove still works in temp mode but I am not sure if the sensor is working properly.
Is there a way that I can test it to make sure that it still reads the temperature correctly?

The temp is sensed right at the very end so if your stove is working in Room Temp mode the same as it was before the Kitty got the cord then you are probably OK. It's just regular thermostat wire if you want to replace the chewed section or take the opportunity and lengthen it for better placement.

Nope. It will either work or it won't. Just replaced the one on my P43 & posed the question to the head of the service department.
He's forgotten more about pellet stoves than I could ever hope to learn...

The cat chewed the rubber cover which is were the sensor is.
The stove works but I dont know if the sensor is sending the right temperature and thats what i would like to know but if Daksy is saying is correct the sensor either it sends the correct temperature (it works) or nothing at all (doesnt work).

If the sensor is bad (not working) will the stove blink with errors or just assume temp is zero and work at full blast?

Last edited:
The cat chewed the rubber cover which is were the sensor is.
The stove works but I dont know if the sensor is sending the right temperature and thats what i would like to know but if Daksy is saying is correct the sensor either it sends the correct temperature (it works) or nothing at all (doesnt work).

If the sensor is bad (not working) will the stove blink with errors or just assume temp is zero and work at full blast?

Yep - 4 blinks.

Easily done. Pinch the end between thumb and forefinger for a minute. Does the stove go into shutdown? Then, put a ice cube or two into a plastic bag and sandwich the tip between them. Does it go back into service?

Give puss the boot and blow the $20 and get a new one:)

Status
Not open for further replies.