Harman tl-300 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziprich

Sep 19, 2011
Western Md (Hagerstown)
As i have posted before this is the first winter i have ever burnt wood. With a new stove and chimney install. Everything seems to be going great, i still have over an half a tank of oil. I just have a couple of questions. First with good dry wood what burn times can i expect(i know mine isn't the best, but next years is already here)? Second should i have bought a blower? I know they help put the heat out, but my stove is in the basement and i want the heat to go up. So would a blower help? And last where on the stove does the temp matter. i check it and its different all over. just wondering which place is the best to check and what should it be at? Thanks.

With oak I can fill it and not touch the stove for 13 to 14 hours when everything works right.
With ash it's around 12 hours. As for the blower s
Post some pics! I can say being in a basement it would only seem to make sense to use a blower.
I have not had a basement stove so my logic is this heat rises but with a blower the heat will spread faster
in theory anyway.

Pete

I have mine in my unfinished basement and it seems to heat the upstairs without much issue.
I did have to have a fire vent installed to allow heat more heat to come up from the basement into the upstairs.
I also do not have a blower on mine, I just use one of those eco-fans to move the heat.

Thanks for the info. Another question i have is, my top load handle on the stove seems to drift forward when i have the stove running on secondaries. i believe the damper stays closed just wondering if i should worry about that?

Ziprich said:
Thanks for the info. Another question i have is, my top load handle on the stove seems to drift forward when i have the stove running on secondaries. i believe the damper stays closed just wondering if i should worry about that?

There is a screw adjuster on the inside of the stove on the damper a small turn will tighten or loosen the damper which should cure the handle slipping.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.