Harman TL2.6 Feedback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prichan

Burning Hunk
Aug 17, 2013
Maine
Hi was wondering if anyone has/had experience with Harman TL2.6 wood stove? How does it compare to say the VC Encore or similar stoves? Thanks.

Search on "downdraft stoves". They can be very particular about draft and often end up much higher maintenance than other designs.

Do a search of this site on other Harman stoves to get a better opinion. Aka: TL-300, and Oakwood.

Since you have a Lopi, you could ask your dealer what he thinks of the Leyden model, as it has the same burn technology as the Harman (which is very different from your Cape Cod). On this forum, you will find some unhappy Leyden owners! It tended to be even more unpredictable than the Harmans in how well it performed for people... lots of mixed results with these stoves. I like mine (and the grill feature is great), but it is an acquired taste for some, as it's not the most user-friendly stove around and likes to burn very hot (sometimes too hot, depending on draft conditions).

I didn't catch that you currently have a VC Encore NC in your signature. If it is working great for you then it might be a similarly functioning replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.