Harman TL200 stuck damper...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How can I fix it? Do I need to remove the entire assembly to access damper shart?

• Damper removal?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB glass replacement vs metal cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodHeatLover

Oct 31, 2014
NC
New to forum.... WoodHeatLover
Damper is sticking in shaft.. got it loose and thought it was OK.. Once the stove was fired again, it is now stuck tight again...

Not familiar with this stove ... but here are a few ideas which might help.

Once the stove is cool ... and I mean really cool ... you may want to take a shop vac with a nozzle attachment and vacuum around the air lever. Just be very careful ... sucking up a hot coal and not being aware of this can result in a fire. I only mention this since I've noticed that regular vacuuming of this area with my ash vacuum has helped keep the air control in my Oslo moving freely.

Another tip is to apply powdered graphite to the air control once it's unstuck ... this helps keep it from binding oftentimes.

Not familiar with this stove ... but here are a few ideas which might help.

Once the stove is cool ... and I mean really cool ... you may want to take a shop vac with a nozzle attachment and vacuum around the air lever. Just be very careful ... sucking up a hot coal and not being aware of this can result in a fire. I only mention this since I've noticed that regular vacuuming of this area with my ash vacuum has helped keep the air control in my Oslo moving freely.

Another tip is to apply powdered graphite to the air control once it's unstuck ... this helps keep it from binding oftentimes.

Thanks ..jake. I will try the graphite.. Damper rod runs through a 3 inch sleeve. Almost impossible to get to it. I need to take the damper rod out and buff it. An apparent difficult task. Not sure if I can get any graphite into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.