Harman tl300 air slide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kristina70E

Jan 8, 2024
Minnesota
I’ve had the tl300 for 15 years and love it but recently I feel like the air slide working properly. It’s slides back and forth but does not seem to control the air intake. I’ve researched diagrams to try to determine where the air control is happening in the stove (without taking it all apart) so I can figure out the issue but I can’t seem to find any diagrams showing it. The closest is the side view in the manual but it really only shows the combustion flow.

I’ve had the tl300 for 15 years and love it but recently I feel like the air slide working properly. It’s slides back and forth but does not seem to control the air intake. I’ve researched diagrams to try to determine where the air control is happening in the stove (without taking it all apart) so I can figure out the issue but I can’t seem to find any diagrams showing it. The closest is the side view in the manual but it really only shows the combustion flow.
There's a few members over at Coalpail that run this stove. Alot of helpful guys there, much like here. The only thing is they'll try to get you to come to the dark side 😄....Maybe check that forum for some feedback or a quick search of it.