Harman TL300 fire brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepinman9

Dec 22, 2009
Central Pa
I need to replace two of the fire bricks in my Harman TL300. The dealer says harman specs a brick for earlier models that cost $45 each andone for later models for $15 each. Both are 6x12x1.5 inches, my stove is an early model which requires the expensive bricks (just my luck). Does anyone know that the difference is between the two bricks? Will it hurt my stove to use the cheaper bricks if they are indeed the same size? Does anone know of a place online to purchace harman parts which may be cheaper than my local dealer?

Wow - thot is pricy for sure? I just picked up a couple bricks at TSC for 3$ a piece but they are not as big as your stove requires. I am not sure of the set-up but would guess you could use any fire brick available. The bricks from TSC are 9x4.5x1.5 I would think you could buy a few and cut them to fit although others with more knowledge may have reason to disagree. Could even use stove cement to glue them together. Cement may not last as long as the bricks but once in place and ashed up a bit I am thinking the insulation should not be compromised much at all. The cuts would be no different than the gaps between the existing bricks.

I also used stove cement on my bricks until I could buy replacements, I think my bricks also costed in the $45 range.

Wow, sounds like they're gold plated. Put in those logs gently.

Man those bricks are insanely expensive! I would be improvising if it was my stove using standard firebrick and a little ingenuity I am sure you could make your own larger brick..

Ray

I'd go to a local masonry supply store or a block manufacturer & see if they have any or if they can get some for you. Harman buys those fire bricks somewhere...

I got home yesterday and was about to add more wood and I noticed that the HARMAN brick was broken off and laying in the AB chamber. Wife must have got a little to pushy adding wood before she left. Since the brick was broken horizontially just above the word HARMAN I will need to replace it. I called the dealer and he said it is going to be $70. Which is a deal, according to his price list the price on the brick next time will be over $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.