Harman top vent fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat4

Aug 17, 2008
VT
Anyone have a problem with fitting a top vent kit to a Harman XXV?
I ordered a top vent kit with our new Harman XXV and find that it does not fit over the top lip and align with the pre-drilled holes as described in the instructions that came with the vent kit. Now what? Take a grinder to the lip and make it fit or send it back for a new one. The alignment is off by 1/8" to 1/4" +/-. We bought this in NY but live in VT so not getting much from the local dealer.

I thought i had the same problem, but if you set it in place and push down....it actually slides a little ....enough so that it lines up...I didnt find it necessary to drill and put the screws at the top though.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Thanks...good to know we were not alone on this problem.
We solved the issue with a rubber mallet and a bit of force. We did screw the top even though the screws went in along the top seam of the rear shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.