Harman variable speed on control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman30

Feeling the Heat
Jul 9, 2010
Northeastern Oklahoma
Just installed a new control board on my accentra and the variable speed setting on the room temp/stove temp switch doesnt seem like its working different compared to my older board. I have it set in the middle and the fan blows really low during a large fire and never speeds up to high. On my old board with a very large fire in the middle setting it blew on high. Just wondering if that is how the new boards are or is something wrong? Really have nothing to compare to so any new harman owners with the new board please chime in. If i turn switch to high it will blow on high.

Mine automatically increases or decreases the blower speed depending on inside temp of stove. It does this no matter where it is on the dial.

Alright.... That's what I thought. Mine currently in the middle on mode selector is running on low. I have to turn it to high to get more air flow. I hope it's not another ESP. That's what controls the variable part of the blower. Anyone think it could be a ESP?

Make sure the stove is up to temp. Do not blow air over a cold stove.

Eric

I think the stove was up to temp. It was burning for a good 30mins with a very large fire and the blower was blowing low to med speed. The fan does slow as the fire gets smaller if fan is on high. Just doesn't rise as the fire is large

Status
Not open for further replies.