Harman Warranty Sucks - UPDATE - Now I am MAD!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad a end is in sight. although not a good end. I would be filing a complaint with both places again against Harman. It is retarded that you are going to have to put out another $450 to correct a problem with their stove. I would not be satisfied with any resolution that would have me paying anything to repair the stove. You bought it from a Harman dealer and the Harman stove company should make it right. A BBB complaint against Harman would be the way I would go. Company's don't want a BBB complaint against them and will do most anything to make it go away. You have been put through the ringer and been without heat for way to long. It is not your fault that the next nearest dealer, and their service company, is so far away.

Bkins

Stove is back and burning right now, they brought it back with the sides, top and door off. They were here for about 1.5 hrs to install, while they were here I was checking everything over and found the right front bolt were the leveling foot is is broke. I had them write that it was broke on the invoice and called the dealer to see if they will replace under warranty, they said they are sending another under warranty. I do have a smell while it is burning so I am going to look for exhausts leaks if it doesn't go away. May be in the elbow, was trying to twist it off to send the tailpipe with the stove before i notice it was sealed right to the tailpipe.

Glad to hear it is back and running. Keep following through with the complaints. I personally would contact Harman and ash how they are going to handle things before making it public, but encourage them to drop the service contractor flat. He is a crook and will just continue to reflect badly on Harman. The double dipping contractor is the one I would spend my energy going after.

Status
Not open for further replies.