1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman with programmable thermostat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by N.E S4, Feb 1, 2013.

1. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I've been asking many questions trying to determine on my next stove. I visited a Harman dealer today and I like what I see.

I understand that in room temp mode the stove will shut down and fire back up to maintain the set temp.

My question is has anyone hook their stove to a programmable thermostat? My central air thermostat is wi-fi it would be nice to hook a Harman to this thermostat.
    Mr. Spock likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
  3. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Thanks for the link.

I use a Honeywell RTH8580WF, it is millivolt, low volt, low current. It works great with a smartphone or computer. Homedepot has it for $150.00

I guest I'll have to try it when I pick up a Harman
  4. Central NH

Central NH New Member

Why install thermostat when you can just use the thermostat wire with jumpers to move Room temperature sensor to another room (8 bucks for 50' rather than 25+ for thermostat). Mine works great with walker flex tube for OAK (13.00 auto zone for 6' used 2 in basment with 2" adaptor to connect them together for $2.29 Home Depot plumbing (with rubber but didn't use rubber part just clamps) and 25' of 18-2 thermostat wire with jumpers to connect to stove and room sensor probe.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Maybe hands off, preprogrammed temperature setbacks.
  6. Kherr

Kherr New Member

Loc:
    Nampa, Idaho
    My P43 is hooked up to a Skytech 3301P wireless thermometer. It comes on about 30 minutes before we arrive home after work. Toasty warm and my wife is very happy, which of course means so am I!