Harman xxv battery backup issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lkout4trucks

Nov 18, 2012
I have a harman xxv and have a small solar generator that I'm wanting to use to power it during outages. It's a simple 12v and inverter setup. When I run the harman xxv off I it it just pulses the blower. Is there something else I need to make this work?

Thanks
Brad

That is all it will do on an inverter unless it is a modified sine waves set up.

Eric

It is a modified sine wave inverter. Is there maybe something (a different setting or something) that needs to be adjusted?

It is a modified sine wave inverter. Is there maybe something (a different setting or something) that needs to be adjusted?

#4 DIP switch setting should be in the on position. Yours is probably in the off position.

Eric

Unplug stove, Take the circuit board off. There will be a switch with multiple levers for on or off. Number 4 needs to be in the on position. Reinstall. Done.

On the xxv there is a spot when your looking right at the dials where you could carefully remove some of the decal on the front and then with a tooth pick reach in and change settings.

The inverter is 900continuous/1800 max. The panel for right now is 100watts (and growing). I'll need to get it up to about 350-500watts solar so I can run the stove for 8-10hrs a day without draining my batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.