Harman XXV blower only one speed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samandlillie

Oct 2, 2007
My 8 year old xxv is only used to supplement my heat pump. When I turn the knob to change the convection blower in stove and room temp. mode, the knob(potentiometer/) appears to only make contact at the highest speed. The stove only saw continuous use for the first 4 years and lately it only burns 15 - 20 bags a year. Everything else is working fine, even the igniter, but wish there was turbo mode to take advantage of the beast. I realize that I can push the rocker button to the lower speed but somehow feel I am missing some of the blower power.

Turn the stove off and unplug it. With it off and unplugged rotate the pot. knobs rotating all the way back and forth numerous times. This might establish better contact and clean dust or whatever off possibly. I did this and it seemed to help on a used stove I bought. Not sure this will be your fix but it has been suggested here repeatedly and it's quick, free, and easy. Worth a shot.

At 8 years old you can expect things to begin to wear a bit even though it has seen moderate use. Sometimes letting things sit is not great either. Hopefully others will chime in with more options. There is a place that you can get these pot switches replaced reasonably too if that is the case. Brunner's Bits and Pieces on E-Bay I believe. Good Luck and let us know what the results are.

Turn the stove off and unplug it. With it off and unplugged rotate the pot. knobs rotating all the way back and forth numerous times. This might establish better contact and clean dust or whatever off possibly. I did this and it seemed to help on a used stove I bought. Not sure this will be your fix but it has been suggested here repeatedly and it's quick, free, and easy. Worth a shot.

At 8 years old you can expect things to begin to wear a bit even though it has seen moderate use. Sometimes letting things sit is not great either. Hopefully others will chime in with more options. There is a place that you can get these pot switches replaced reasonably too if that is the case. Brunner's Bits and Pieces on E-Bay I believe. Good Luck and let us know what the results are.

Thanks bags for the fast reply. However, there was no change in the convection blower speed. At least I can push the rocker switch down for a slower speed. It is only that one knob that is giving me any problem. We are surviving thru the blizzard here in Nova Scotia.

Status
Not open for further replies.