Harman XXV blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsailor25

Sep 15, 2009
United States
Our harman is just over 3 years old and out of warrenty. I started noticing the problem a little while ago where the blower speed would change on it's own. It use to do it only on stove temp setting now it's doing it on room temp setting as well. It almost sounds like there is a short and the blower kicks off for about a second then restarts. The stove is off now and we're on the propane. I'll call the dealer as well and see what they recomend. Has others had a simular problem? Any other suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Dave

I suggest cleaning the ESP probe. It controls the blower functions. Try TEST mode to ensure blower works. Good Luck.

This may sound odd but turn the stove/room temp knob just a hair back from the max position. It solved my similiar problem on an Accentra and on an XXV. I suspect a contact in the swich is going bad.

My xxv is 4.5 years ol,d and I noticed the same problem with the blower currently only occurring in the stove temp mode. It seems to help when I turn the knob as far toward high as it will go and hold it there for a few seconds and let go. Initially I thought this was a down draft on windy days but it would then happen at any time. I will try cleaning the esp prob.

maybe a stupid question, but WHICH blower? The combustion blower or the distribution fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.