Harman XXV Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John62

Dec 26, 2009
CT
In reading post here on the forum it appears that Harmon has a newer style burn Pot. Mine has the 5 holes at the bottom and I end up with a flame behind the auger and some clinkers that are hard to get to. Does the new style burn pot reduce this issue? And is the burn pot a warranty item.

John62 said:
In reading post here on the forum it appears that Harmon has a newer style burn Pot. Mine has the 5 holes at the bottom and I end up with a flame behind the auger and some clinkers that are hard to get to. Does the new style burn pot reduce this issue? And is the burn pot a warranty item.

yes, it does reduce the flame-low-in-the-burnpot issue, and yes, it is usually covered under warrantee. Pretty easy fix...would require a new burnpot and a new gasket. Talk to the dealer who sold you the unit.

You will get some carbon buildup reguardless which burn pot you have. The quality of the pellets usually affects how much clinkers you get.

I had a flame behinde me burnpot also. Dealer came out replaced old style bunpot under warnty. They change gasket at the same time, for me that was my real problem with the flame on the fire wall. New gasket no more problem.

noelp68 said:
I had a flame behinde me burnpot also. Dealer came out replaced old style bunpot under warnty. They change gasket at the same time, for me that was my real problem with the flame on the fire wall. New gasket no more problem.

most cases, flame on the back wall is a unseated or partially failed flame guide. Quite possible you had other issues as well, but, 90% of the time, its the flame guide.

True flame glide can cause this as well, and it is a much easier fix as well. In my case it was the gasket, it caused me some weeks of concern this winter not being able to diagnose why this flame was jetting behind burnpot, also created a large creosote issue, I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through it seeing that it's a easy fix itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.