Harman XXV Dist. Blower.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
Hi I want to give my stove a good cleaning today. I've taken the back panel off last week but could not get the fan out. The Harman XXV manual claims there are 3 wing nuts holding it in. Not the case! 2 wing nut and a long bolt. Any advise how to loosen that bolt would be huge. My stove is Kiddy Corner to the wall & I have barely any room working in back of it.

That is the combustion blower. Yes, they apprently changed the third wingnut to a bolt with a nut. I used a short adjustable wrench and went through the cutouts in the bottom of the stove to loosen the nut. I didn't feel like taking the time to try and find out the exact size of the nut but it looks like a 7/16 or 1/2.

Loosen the nut then the entire fan should spin free off the bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.