Harman XXV Distribution Blower Alignment Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keep-in warm

Feb 17, 2009
Lowell, MA
My right side bolts are very loose. If I try to tighten them the motor will bind up. Its worked fine over the past 6 years but is starting to get loud. I've only used spray air to clean, but will be pulling the blower soon. Anyone else have loose bolts on the right side?

Sorry no one got back to you ... don't have a Harman so not much help. Hopefully other owners will chime in...

I don't understand how the blower got loose? Not sure of the setup though as I have a p61.

I recently had the distribution blower replaced on my 6 year old XXV. Bearing failure, it was still blowing slow when I secured it but the cage was frozen when it was removed 2 days later. Not a hard job replacing it, I'll probably do it myself if it goes again. Sounds like yours may be doing the same thing. These things have rather long shafts and my guess is that when you tighten the outer bolt it's stressing the bearing. How it got loose is a good question but the fact that it was may have been the cause of the problem you are seeing. The biggest problem I saw when replacing it was having to work under the stove, which is located in a corner, and securing the wiring properly to keep it out of the fan cage.

No loose bolts on mine but I'm on the third blower under warranty due to excessive noise and my stove was installed Dec 2014. Sounds like the cage isn't in square, have you tried removing it then reinstall or loosen left side bolts while tightening right side at same rate as loosening left?

Status
Not open for further replies.