Harman XXV ESP Probe part number

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nautiquer95

Oct 5, 2008
Western Washington
I recently started getting 3 blinks on my status light. According to the owners manual this indicates an ESP probe failure. I reset the stove as directed by the manual but started getting the 3 blinks again. There are 2 different ESP probes available and the one required depends on the stove serial number.

Pre 008200828 stoves require P/N 3-20-11744
Post 00820828 stoves require P/N 3-20-00844

The serial number on the back of my stove is only a four digit number and the dealer hasn't been much help in resolving which one I need. They were convinced that I had the S/N wrong. I brought in a copy of the stove invoice and they had written this number on the warranty paperwork as well.

I've looked at both of these probes online and they look essentially the same except for the color of the wire. Anyone have any experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated,

yea, either probe will work, you just need to set the dip switch on the control board. Switch 5 is the one to set....if your ESP probe has a red wire....switch 5 needs to be switched "on"......whereas, if the probe is black-wired, the switch 5 should be switched to "off"....as I said, either probe will work....lately, all stoves are being sent out with the red wire ESP probe...the only unit still produced with the black wire probe is the p38. The red wire number is 3-20-00844, the black wire probe is 3-20-11744.

[/The red wire number is 3-20-00844, the black wire probe is 3-20-11744. QUOTE]
x2 go by the wire color and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the replies. Should I be surprised you guys know more about these stoves than the dealers? Glad someone out there is on the ball. The tech on duty didn't even know what the ESP probe was or where it was located - I had to show him. Fortunately, they have both in stock. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the replies. Should I be surprised you guys know more about these stoves than the dealers? Glad someone out there is on the ball. The tech on duty didn't even know what the ESP probe was or where it was located - I had to show him. Fortunately, they have both in stock. Thanks again for the help!
yea, lol...the dealers...all crooks and know-nothings...imagine that?! ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.