Harman xxv external digital thermastat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

photogame

Dec 2, 2008
northern ct
hi,

well its heating season again, the 6 tons are re-stacked in the storage room next to the living room. both xxv's are firing great, i still have not broke down and bought a new auto igniter for the newer model, maybe this yr.

so my question, does such an animial as a external digital thermastat to add onto my stove exsist? the only real complaint that i could ever have with both of these stoves is the built in turn knob thermastat, it is the most tempermental inaccurate little knob, ok, you get my frustration. the wife says to cold inside, now 69ish is not bad for me, so up i get give it a little tweek and next thing i know i am sitting in a sauna at 72-74. any help might cut down on me not swearing to much at a chunk of metal.

thanks for any insight you may have, and enjoy your toasty lil homes.

photogame

Im not sure I'd call a 3-5 degree jump tempermental, its more likely the location of your probe isnt in an active airflow area.

Status
Not open for further replies.