Harman XXV feed setting question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread on cleaning your stove. I was looking all over the Internet last year the 1st time I did a full cleaning. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that rear fan out to clean it. When I finally did get it out I couldn't get to to clean it thoroughly. I had my guy who installed it come by this fall to watch him do a thorough cleaning and he clipped the zip ties that held the wires tight. They do a crappy job as company to not go over detailed cleaning instructions. Should be a video for each stove. Not to mention the instructions in the manual for the XXV tell you to loosen 3 wing nuts to remove it and not the 2 wing nuts and long bolt that actually exists.

I just got off the phone with the company that I bought my pellet stove from and the guy that I spoke to had a good point which seems to make sense He said that it sounded like the problem that I'm having is the pellets that I'm using have too much moisture content in them I've noticed especially over the last week or so that as I'm bringing bags in from the barn that the bags seem to be a little damp and one bag when I was unloading the ton actually had a large clump of frozen pellets stuck together The plan is on the way home to pick up a few bags of different pellets give the stove a good cleaning and give that a try I'll let everyone know the outcome again Mr Spock thank you for that cleaning thread that was awseome it's great to see someone with the same stove and their methods of cleaning and running the stove. This forum is the best thing going

That's why I wanted you to try new pellets right away. It's always a possibility.

If your stove runs well on the new pellets, don't let that distract you from cleaning your stove!!:)

And no problem. I am glad the thread helped out.

Not on the XXV if there is a fan in back of the ash pan it's not accessible. Wow! You were not kidding about those brushes. I just googled the and couldn't believe the price.

OK, it may or may not be a fan but there is a hole behind the ash pan of my XXV that I stick my shop vac up against and suck out each week. The guy who cleaned the stove for me in October showed me how.

I need to figure out about cleaning out behind as we just passed the 1-ton mark. No problems so far and we've done weekly basic cleanings but no doubt a brush up the vent and checking out the back of the stove would not hurt by now.

OK, it may or may not be a fan but there is a hole behind the ash pan of my XXV that I stick my shop vac up against and suck out each week. The guy who cleaned the stove for me in October showed me how.

I need to figure out about cleaning out behind as we just passed the 1-ton mark. No problems so far and we've done weekly basic cleanings but no doubt a brush up the vent and checking out the back of the stove would not hurt by now.

In post 25 of this thread:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/first-1-ton-cleaning-xxv.103801/#post-1342440

Okay, I got home from work cleaned the stove including the outside vent and picked up 4 new bags of pellets 2 Oaki's and 2 barefoot. Started with the Oaki's and burning much better burning clean and a lot more heat coming out of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.