Harman XXV glass cracked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2074

Feb 21, 2014
Eagle River,WI
The weirdest thing happened this morning. I usually clean and vacuum the stove every two weeks. This morning I ran it on high for about 1 hour as i usually do to burn off any residue. Then I shut it off and head out to church and breakfast. Usually let it cool about 3 hours. We get home and i am sitting in the living room and i hear pop and then 10 sec. later another pop. I think that is crazy the stove is off. I go and inspect and the glass is cracked along the bottom. Starts in the corner where one of the glass hold down brackets are located. The stove is only about 3 months old. Very strange. I sent an email to my Harman dealer. Did not want to bother him on a Sunday. Any thoughts or suggestions as to why this would happen? I have posted a couple of pictures

Attachments

• xxv cracked glass 1.JPG
    xxv cracked glass 1.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 229
  • xxv cracked glass 2.JPG
    xxv cracked glass 2.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 216
My first though was did it come into contact with water when hot, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps a defective glass?

It happens,don't lose any sleep.Retainers were prob.a little too tight,or door metal shifted.Prob. will never happen again.Reccomend have them put in new gasket as old one has been compressed.Unless dog peed on it while cooling down!;lol Might not hurt to have them check convection fan on time while shut down is in progress.

Was thinking the same thing, probably defective from the start. Should be a quick free replacement.
I am so lucky that I bought my unit from Earth Sense in Sayner, WI. Sent the dealer an email about the glass being cracked on Sunday. Came out today and replaced with a new glass from one of his units on the showroom floor. I don't know if I would have saved money buying elsewhere, but what was most important was the service and support. My dealer is outstanding in both areas.

Reactions: Bob Sorjanen
Status
Not open for further replies.