Harman XXV - Installed & firing up for 1st time tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good looking installation right there. As long as you adhere to the operating/startup instructions, everything should work just fine. Just realize that once the pellets are first fed into the hopper they will smoke-fill the entire inside of the stove but once it ignites into flames, you'll be good to go.

Best of luck this winter!

Steve

yep the first start to every burn produces the most smoke, then there is virtually no smoke during burning

like that install

If the stove shop burned it on a higher heat setting for that three hours
then the paint should be cured and you're all set. I'd crank it to a higher
heat setting just to be sure. Have fun!

mlwschultz said:
Anything in particular we need to be aware of?

You will become addicted to hearth.com even more now.
No turning back now ;-)

The Crapsman prybar will be your friend, and lose the harman tool.

flashbang said:
The Crapsman prybar will be your friend, and lose the harman tool.

Funny you say that. My first year I burned Canadian pellets, I forget the brand and I had no problem scraping the burnpot with the Harman tool. Last year I burned Corinth wood pellets and the buildup was hard as a rock and it took a flathead screwdriver driven by a hammer to remove the crap.

The stove shop uses a similar pry bar (from the automotive tool section in Sears) & said it works better than the provided tool. That's why I'm already prepared. Good idea to lose the other tool as we won't be using it.

mlwschultz said:
The stove shop uses a similar pry bar (from the automotive tool section in Sears) & said it works better than the provided tool. That's why I'm already prepared. Good idea to lose the other tool as we won't be using it.
It does help cleaning the exchanger though....Clinkers need what you have in the picture.......Good to see your ready......... Nice install too................

BE AFRAID.
BE VERY, VERY, AFRAID.

Hey, just kiddin' looks great, be warm, have a toddy, cuddle up to the wife, ya might get lucky tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.