Harman xxv lights but no action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmm69

Dec 6, 2011
southern md
I tried to fire up the stove for first time this fall and lights come on but no fans come on. If I put it on test the fans come on. Tried unplugging and plugging back in but same issue. Anyone gone thru this ? Stove is 6yrs old.

and its completely clean? any "blink" errors on the status light? um.....my money is on a bad ESP

Check or pull the ESP. Your last cleaning probably bent or disconnected it(if your real lucky)

Ok ,I'm up and burning. I had a bad combustion fan motor. Also the switch that operates off the air pressure inside the stove wasn't functioning. Luckily R and D Cross southern states in upper Marlboro had motor in stock.

Reactions: Lousyweather
Ok ,I'm up and burning. I had a bad combustion fan motor. Also the switch that operates off the air pressure inside the stove wasn't functioning. Luckily R and D Cross southern states in upper Marlboro had motor in stock.
glad you worked it out......although. the vac switch wont function unless the combustion blower is functioning, creating the vacuum to cause the switch to power the auger (and igniter).
In your original post tho, you mention that "on test all fans come on".........so, folks were figuring it was working.........but, kudos to you in figuring out the issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.