Harman XXV making rumbling noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STOVEPRO

Nov 5, 2008
Washington
I have a harman XXV pellet stove making a low level rumbling noise (kinda like a garbage truck parked out front). Noise is intermittent and gets louder when you open the hopper lid. Any ideas as to what the cause may be.

I have tried changing speed of dist. blower and it doesn't matter if the hopper is full or empty. When stove runs in test mode this problem will not occur.

In the search forums box, type in "woofing" this is what you are hearing 3 threads should pop up......
all pretty much point to the same thing...

I get a rumbling noise when the feed motor comes on. I guess it's normal. Mine is the only harman I have been around, besides the ones at the showroom when I purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.