1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman XXV or Quadrafire Castile...

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jambruins, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jambruins

Jambruins New Member

Loc:
    Chazy, NY
    I can get the Harman XXV for $3185 and the Castile for $2749. My heating area is approximately 1400 S.F. It is worth the exta $436 to get the Harmon? Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Tom D

Tom D New Member

Loc:
    Watertown , Wisconsin
    i looked at both stoves my self and not one minute do i regret buying the harmon xxv. it is easy to clean and maintain.
    in my home i havent even put the stove to its highest setting live in wisconsin and you no how the weather is here.
    pound for pound i think its the best stove on market. my opinion only. i read alot of great things on this forum and it
    helped me make my decision.
  3. mgambuzza

mgambuzza Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    I live in upstate NY - Syracuse - and have a Castile and a P61A (Harman). Both stoves have been extremely reliable over the past couple years of ownership. The Castile though - requires more cleaning, and does not have the heat output of the Harman. The Castile was right size for the location, but it has difficulty keeping up with my 1910 era home. If you have the room for the XXV, it is a beautiful stove, and even if you do not need the extra BTUs, it will be there in reserve when the coldest days hit you area.
  4. firewarrior820

firewarrior820 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    auburn maine
    try and get a harman maybe in march 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.