Harman XXV, Problem with Igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swalz

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2008
Newark, DE
How do you know if the igniter is going bad?

Mine will light sometimes and other times nothing, when it works I can see it glowing and when it doesn't I don't. When working it starts in under three minutes from turning on the stove. Also the igniter light comes on when I am having problems, not sure if this is a sign of the igniter going bad or something else.

make sure you clean your pot good,clean all holes,remove plate and clean out ash,mine went out after a year installer
came over and removed it and checked with ohm meter replaced it,they are not that hard to change took
a few times then it started working,until you can get it fixed put ignitor switch to manual and light it with hand torch
or gel be careful.i run mine on manual ignitor most of time.have it hooked up to skytech wireless remote.
when temp is reached it goes to slow burn flame never goes out. works great.

Have a call into dealer they said they need to talk to the guy who handles Harman, most likely will have to keep calling them until they come out. I clean inside the stove good once a week and give the burn pot a real good scraping then too. Under the burn pot gets cleaned out every week, I removed the plate and cleaned out underneath the burn pot and took a toothpick thought the holes. Have the torch out to lite just in case I have problems with it lighting. Wife won't fill the hopper has problems with the dust and daughter is to lazy so they let it run out when I forget to load it before work. Main heater is down so there is no backup until it gets fixed, guess they rather freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.